Plus Square Dance figures
References below from
- Acey Deucey [Sep 28] -- From a formation where there are four clear
outside dancers and two inside couples, the outside dancers circulate while
the inside couples partner-trade.
- Teacup Chain [Feb 8]
- Ping Pong Circulate [Nov 30] -- From quarter-tag position, all circulate,
with a particular definition of what the two groups of four are...
- Load The Boat [Oct 5] -- From two facing lines of four, the outer four
dancers circulate three times and face in (just barely passing the third
person you pass),
while the middle four dancers do this sequence: pass through and turn away
from your partner; partner trade (with the person you just passed); pass
- Peel Off [Oct 26]
- Linear Cycle [Oct 19] -- Single hinge; those looking out fold; double
pass through; peel away from the centre.
- Coordinate [Nov 2]
- [Anything] and Spread [Oct 26, Nov 2, Nov 9, Nov 23]
- Spin Chain the Gears [Oct 12]
- Track Two [Nov 16] -- From a completed double-pass through position,
pairing with the person in front of or behind you, do a tandem partner trade
and then step to waves.
- [Anything] and Roll [Nov 30]
- Follow Your
Neighbour [Nov 16] -- From parallel mini-waves, the in-facing dancers (on
a diagonal) turn each other three-quarters to the middle of a wave, while the
out-facing dancers individually cast off three-quarters to the outsides of
the wave. The out-facing dancers turn in the direction of their departing
partner. Usually called as "follow your neighbour and spread".
- Fan the Top [Dec 7] -- This is just Spin the Top without the initial right-hand
- Explode the Wave [Dec 14] -- Explode and Pull By
- Explode and [Anything] [Dec 14] -- From a wave, everyone step forward and face in
(quarter-turn towards the centre of the wave), then do the next call basically
from parallel mini-waves.
- Relay the Deucey [Nov 23]
- Peel the Top [Jan 25]
- Diamond Circulate [Sep 28] -- From a Diamond formation, everyone
advance one place. (So the points become middles and the middles become
- Single Circle to a Wave [Oct 19] -- Take both hands with the person in
front of you, circle halfway, then step to a wave.
- Trade the Wave [Oct 19] -- From a wave, everyone trades with the person
facing the same way as they are.
- Flip the Diamond [Oct 5] -- From a Diamond formation, the middles move on
one place as in Diamond Circulate, and the points fold in slightly towards the
middle (the official teaching notes say "run around someone who isn't
there"). So you end in a wave.
- Grand Swing Thru [Nov 9]
- Crossfire [Dec 7] -- From a wave, centres trade while outsides
cross-fold; then all step forward slightly to form parallel mini-waves.
- All Eight Spin the Top [Sep 28] -- all turn halfway to put the others
in the centre; then centres star three-quarters while outsides walk ahead one
quarter to meet original partner.
- Cut the Diamond [Oct 12] -- Similar to Flip the Diamond but the points trade, so
they end up on the far side of the new wave rather than the near side.
- Chase Right [Sep 28] / Chase Left [Oct 19] -- everyone box circulate two
positions, with the person on the right (left) doing a U Turn first.
- Dixie Grand [Dec 14]
- Three-Quarters Tag the Line [Sep 28] -- As the other tags, but go three
quarters, so that the formerly-outer two people end up as a couple.
- Spin Chain and Exchange the Gears [Feb 1]
A1 calls taught this term:
- Couples Hinge [Sep 28]
- Extend from half tag position, Extend from three-quarters tag position
(now part of Basic but formerly in Plus) [Sep 28]
- Touch a Half [Oct 19]
- Left Touch a Quarter [Oct 19]
- Walk and Dodge, when sashayed [Oct 19]
- Extend, when centres are in a left-hand wave [Oct 19]
- Quarter Through [Feb 8]
- Left Quarter Through [Feb 15]
- As Couples, [anything] [Feb 15]
- Quarter Out [Feb 22]
- Grand Follow Your Neighbour [March 1]
- Three-Quarters Through [March 1]
- Galaxy Circulate (not A1) (just briefly) [March 8]
- Any Hand [anything] [did Any Hand Swing Through, Any Hand Quarter Through] [March 8]
- Square Chain Through [March 22] [I wasn't there]
- Six-by-Two Acey Deucey [March 29]
- Horseshoe Turn [March 29]
- Wheel Through [April 5]